This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  alison harrison 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author
     alison harrison

Our Peugeot 2008 ..engine of the year model!- was 2 months outside the guarantee period,when the spark plug sheered off apparently and flew in to the engine and completely wrecked it! Despite an incident 2 months inside the guarantee period when the computer said there was an engine problem, the garage said they could find no problem.

After 118 days without a car, whilst it sat in the dealership’s workshop, we were then given our car back supposedly with a new engine and we paid our agreed share of the cost of a new engine. As we left the garage I asked if it was a new engine and was told it was reconditioned!

Is this fraud? Is this fair? Is this a reasonable occcurence with a car which had only done 20,000 miles in 2 years and 2 months!?

The car had only been serviced by the dealership from whom it was originally purchased, so I am presuming the fault lies with them, as it appears that either the spark plug was faulty from the start- or that the mixture was wrong thus causing the spark plug to fail.

I would be glad of any input on this scenario.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Engine failure 2016 2008
Your information:

© Car-Recalls.eu

Weekly overview reports of RAPEX notifications, published free of charge in English on http://ec.europa.eu/rapex, © European Union, 2005 – 2018

or

Forgot your details?